Fancy Fetus

When we last left off, I was sitting on some important news, but because I know there is at least one person out there who still reads this, I kept it to myself until I could tell her in person. So now that she knows, here is the big scoop.

At my dr's appt at my 17 week check up, I talked my dr into telling me the gender despite the fact that my husband couldn't be there and my dr's insistence that people from Brooklyn always want to be surprised. He asked me if I had a preference to which I of course replied: "I just want a healthy baby", and then told me it was a girl. I then squealed: "well I really wanted a girl." He advised me not to decorate the nursery until my 20 week anatomy scan, but he was pretty certain it was a girl.

Fast forward 4 weeks later for the full anatomy scan (which was creepy awesome by the way), and I was slightly nervous that the ultrasound would reveal a developmental problem, but I was really nervous that they would be like, "um, it's a boy. " I was already invested in it being a girl baby - I mean REALLY. Much to our relief she is still a girl. We have had a girl's named picked out for a while (since I was like 20 years old), but couldn't settle on a boy's name. We have also been calling the baby Fancy Fetus and it is starting to stick with family and friends, and it just seemed wrong for a baby boy, so crisis averted.

I am so thrilled. Another May girl, just like me, my lovely twin and my fabulous mother!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the baby girl! I am dying to find out what mine is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mommy In Waiting and congrats to you too! It's all so exciting. I'll be checking in to see when you find out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Candy-cane Stirrups

Baby Phat