The Long Walk

Several weeks ago, I had my 20 week anatomy scan. As I was walking to the hospital, I had a flashback of going there last memorial day weekend for my laparoscopy. This coming memorial day weekend, I plan to be back at that hospital for my baby's birth. While the lap did nothing to further my ability to conceive, it seemed like a necessary step. As I got closer to the hospital, I started going through all of the other steps that got me here, on my way to literally peak inside my baby's heart.

Whereas memorial day didn't come through, labor day did. I thought of that weekend and those two very long walks to my other hospital for my retrieval and transfer. They were both beautiful days full of promise. M turned to me at one point on our way and said, "I know I would be happy if it was just you and me." It was a wonderfully sweet thing to say, and we are very happy just the two of us, but I still wanted to cry a miserable tear or two because I couldn't say I would be happy knowing it would only be the two of us for the rest of our lives. Thankfully, we have good reason to hope that neither of us has to find out if we were right.

After the sentimental stroll down infertility lane, my practical side kicked in and made me nearly as grateful for fact that I don't have to trek all the way to the eastside in the freezing weather at 8:00 am. Infertility treatment in the summer is the way to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fetus

Candy-cane Stirrups

Baby Phat