Cirque de so Weird

For the last 6 months or so, my co-worker and I have been trying to find a good time to take trapeze lessons. Because of my surgery and the monthly 2 week wait, we haven't been able to fit it in. With pending IVF, I had a now or never feeling. So after a little back and forth with a circus douche manager(long story), we finally made it happen. I have taken a class a long time ago and had a vague fuzzy memory of the rush from flying through the air. What I clearly remember is the terror of standing at the edge of the platform and hopping off while white-knuckling the trapeze bar. It's the fuzzy rush that brought me back and the clear terror that almost made me turn around.

Rush prevailed! Not only did I stick the catch/transfer, I also learned a split trick. It was two hours of endorphin rush that resulted in a 10 hour post-rush high! I actually woke-up smiling the next day. Did I mention that I was caught by a circus hunk? Now you my say, I didn't know there was any such thing as a circus hunk. Neither did I, until his shirt went while flying revealing a Beckham slab of abs.

It's a little pathetic that it took a mildly dangerous thrill to distract myself from the on-going infertility process, but it did. The only time it crossed my mind was when one of the instructors was putting on my safety belt and said that it needed to be so tight that my ovaries would be in my throat, to which I nearly replied, "they are in my throat? I might be ovulating! Hurry get my husband so he can get a blow job out of this!" Pathetic, but on the train ride home, I realized I had spent the entire class focused and in the moment. Probably the first time in months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fetus

Like A Virgin

Candy-cane Stirrups