Mom Jeans

My belly has the beginnings of a swell, and I am starting to over-extert the rubber band that keeps my pants comfortably together. I have already had to break out my fat pants, so I finally decided it was time to start the search for maternity clothes. I quickly realized that unless I want to pay $200 for jeans, I might need to search a little harder or settle for those awful unisex looking things. And really how do you know what is the right size anyway? I have no idea if my ass will get huge or if the weight will (mercifully) be centralized in a cute little bump - with my luck it will be door number 1 with a large helping of lumpy bump. In any care the pregnancy hormones must be effecting my taste in clothes, because the other night I was in a cab that was stopped at a light and across the street was what must have been the Manhattan's flagship Dress Barn because it took up half of the block. Normally the phrase "flagship Dress Barn" would send me running to the nearest Anthropologie, but before I knew what I was doing, I was making a mental note of the location. In my defense, it was very late at night and the jacket in the window was pretty cute.

I hit my 12 week mark last Thursday and welcomed the 2nd trimester with epic nausea and nuchal translucency test. I had an idea of what to look for on the ultrasound, and the entire time the technician was bouncing the device off my very full bladder, I was convinced something was wrong. The amount of fluid looked huge on the screen and the tech kept saying, "come on baby" as though there were a problem. Finally she told me that the fluid levels were low enough to be virtually risk free of Down Syndrome. The test isn't as conclusive as an amnio or CVS, but it was almost as much of a relief as when they finally let me urinate.

Comments

  1. We're so happy you decided to give us a try and that we were able to surprise and delight you!

    Sara
    (on behalf of dressbarn)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how you feel about Old Navy online but they have awesome, inexpensive maternity jeans. I just bought four pairs (to hold in the massively bloated Brav.elle belly) and they're so great!!! The return policy is pretty good too so you can order a few in different sizes and then return what you don't want.

    Yea for the 2nd trimester!!! Woo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dea.nna. I just got my order in from Old Navy. Haven't gotten jeans yet, but they are next on my list! Good luck with the 2 ww - it is killer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fetus

Like A Virgin

Candy-cane Stirrups