This May Take A While

Today I was treated to a very thorough and thoroughly invasive ultrasound to make up for the one I didn't have yesterday. And of course, I didn't shave my legs for this. He was up there for a painfully long time carefully measuring each follicle and checking out what appears to be a "nothing to worry about" endometrial cyst.

Consumer friendly as Cornell is, they have an extra monitor set up near the exam table so that the patient can also see what the dr is seeing on the ultrasound. It's one of many classy and empowering things I appreciate about CRMI. So during the never-ending ultrasound, I got the show while the dr got the show (we even paused once for a commercial break, the exam was that long.). What did I see, but ovaries full of follicles - each looking like a black hole and collectively looking like a post-bloom lotus flower. In other words, lovely.

The status is that everything is progressing nicely, and I am right on track. The bloating, cramps and general discomfort are all good signs that I am responding, so my dosage will probably be decreased again. Retrieval is likely be in a few more days which means the first in a series of intramuscular torture is near. But I am a total bad ass, and I have a syringe-filled sharps container to prove it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fancy Fetus

Baby Phat

Candy-cane Stirrups